Established in 2004, St. John's is dedicated to the faith and worship of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church within the classical Anglican tradition.
Our faith is revealed in the Bible and summarized in the Apostles' and Nicene Creeds.
We worship using the traditional Anglican Book of Common Prayer (1928 American edition) with music and hymns from the rich treasury of Christian hymnody.
Our Beliefs and Practices
- We believe in the One, Holy, Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the authentic record of God's revelation to mankind.
- We believe in the holy Tradition of the Church.
- We believe in the sanctity of human life.
- We believe in the family, in the God-given sacramental bond in marriage between one man and one woman.
- We believe it is the duty of the Church and her members to bear witness to Christian morality, to follow it in their lives, and to reject the false standards of the world.
The Mission of Our Church
- A Return to the Faith
- A Return to the Bible
- A Return to Prayer
Opportunities for Service
At St. John's we believe that every Christian has an important role to play within the life of the Church and in outreach to our neighbors and community. Ministry opportunities include
- Christian Teaching
- Church Leadership
- Community Outreach
- Altar Guild
- Christmas Lessons and Carols
- Lenten Studies
Some of the organizations St. John's supports:
- Union Mission Ministries
- The Crisis Pregnancy Center of Tidewater
- Judeo-Christian Outreach Center
- The Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore
St. John's Brochure (pdf)